Celebrate!
All good things must come to an end sometime, I can't believe how fast field work went! We took the first few minutes of our time with the students to put the finishing touches our cooperative projects with the students. About half way through, their parents were going to arrive and the students were going to present what they had been working on with us! It is always bittersweet when fieldwork comes to the end, but this group was especially hard to say goodbye to. I am hopeful that we left on impact on the importance of keeping the Earth clean and healthy but I think it is safe to say that they left an impact on us. I think I speak for all of my fellow teacher candidates when I say how thankful we are to them for coming to our program after being in school all day and activity participate in our lessons. I learned so much through this experience and I think we were able to teach the students a thing or two. The amount of new technology and websites I have learned about during this fieldwork is crazy! I feel like everyday I learn a new website that I can incorporate into my lessons. Fieldwork has also shown me that your classroom management skills are critical; if you don't have the class managed, you're in trouble. I am going to miss this group of students but am thankful to have learned so much from them!

Comments
Post a Comment