Full Lesson or Mini Lesson?
Back from Florida and ready to jump back into fieldwork! Today my colleagues and I had to teach another cooperative lesson in our groups. I was very proud of the lesson that my partner and I came up with! We were definitely over prepared for today, but having more planned isn't always a bad thing. We broke students up into research groups and then gave each student a job, each student was responsible for researching water pollution. They would then take this information and put it into a presentation using Thinglink. We quickly realized that this was an impossible task to complete within thirty minutes and even went over our time. But I am so proud of how hard our students worked! The other two groups of teacher candidates had amazing cooperative projects for them as well. Group #2 had the students use QR codes to research more information on fracking, which then then turned into a presentation. Group #3 had the students put on an amazing debate! One group was pro plastic bags and the other group was against plastic bags, and let me tell you those groups got really into it! They were both so passionate about the side they were on! We were so fortunate to have an amazing group of students that were willing to work on whatever we threw their way. I can't believe that next week is already our last week with them! I guess time does really fly when you are having fun!

Comments
Post a Comment