Of the four families, which family are you?

I recently completed a survey that determined a description of which family of philosophy you may belong to. As you go through the survey, you complete a series of questions about your instruction strategies and how you manage your classroom scaled from zero to five. After you complete the 28 questions you see your results. Below are the four families:

  • Personal Source:
  • Social Interaction
  • Information Processing
  • Behavioral Modification
While I was taking the survey, most of my responses were a four or a five. When I viewed my results it stated that I scored between the S and the P which indicates that I am more flexible in my approach to teaching and that my assessments correlate and reflect the same flexibility. 

I have to agree with these results because I do believe they reflect my education philosophy. I believe that as an educator it is your responsibility to make your classroom an optimal place of learning. You should always be inquiring with your students and I believe that you are also learning with your students. 

This is an amazing survey and I believe that all educators should try out this survey to see if your philosophy aligns with the results. Find the link here!

Comments