Inquiry vs. Cooperative

Over the past semester, Dr. Smirnova introduced our class to two major ways to teach lessons. This was the first time that I had ever had a chance to present them to students. Many of my experiences before this was direct, at least I thought that was the case. While I was reflecting on the type of lessons that I have taught, I realized I had taught both of these lessons many times before just not in an traditional way.

What is inquiry?

Inquiry lessons allows students to explore all aspects of a subject. We used the 5 E model as we went through our lesson planning this semester.











What is Cooperative?
Cooperative learning is a successful teaching strategy in which small teams, each with students of different ability levels, use a variety of learning activities to improve their understanding of a subject. In this class we used the Jigsaw style multiple times and I love it! In the jigsaw style, students are broken into different groups: main group and expert group. Everyone in the main group is assigned to their own expert groups. Their goal is to then come back together and teach your peers. 
Which one do you like best?!


Comments