Job Interview
So today we had to complete job interviews for our final class. Three of my colleagues played the role of a panel of principals and the rest of us were the teacher candidates. I have to say that my colleagues did an amazing job at presenting interview questions! They really thought of amazing questions that I believe will be asked in an actual interview. Some examples are they asked what our classroom layout would be like, what kind of morning work would you provide for you students, what your teaching style would be, what type of lessons you prefer teaching and how you implement those lessons. I personally am a large fan of inquiry lessons; I believe that students learn so much more when they are engaged and exploring a topic. One really creative question that I was not prepared for was “If you could be any color of the rainbow, what color would you be and why?” I thought that this was an amazing question because it allows the principal to have a little more insight into the person that you are interviewing.
Although I did not get the job today, I believe that this was great experience for myself and my fellow teacher candidates. After all, in a few short months we will actually be interviewing for teaching positions.
Here are some helpful tips on how you can land your dream job!

Comments
Post a Comment